Read the passage below. It contains blank spaces numbered 1 to 15. For each blank space, choose the best alternative from the choices given.
Laughter is part of everyday human communication. We can __1__ think of a day in our lives that __2__ without us Laughing or hearing someone laugh. Research has shown that human beings are __3__ of laughing even before they are born.__4__ pictures have shown unborn babies smiling in their mothers’ wombs. Smiling __5__ be thought of as the first __6__ of laughter.
Humans are not the only __7__ capable of laughing. It is__8__that chimpanzees and gorillas also make sounds and facial expressions that resemble those made by humans__9__ laughing. The major difference, __10__, is that whereas human beings can laugh at jokes, it is doubtful __11__ animals can see the funny __12__ of life. It should, however, be noted that laughter is not always __13__ expression of happiness. Sometimes we laugh to __14__ up embarrassment or hide our fears. We may even laugh to__15__ annoyance
1. A. hardly B. usually C. never D. even
2. A. comes B. begins C. sets D. passes
3. A. capable B. thought C. fond D. suspected
4. A. Really B. So C. Truly D. Indeed
5. A, must B. should C. can D. would
6. A. sign B. step C. attempt D. display
7. A. people B. things C. creatures D. persons
8. A. felt B. assumed C. imagined D. known
9. A. during B. while C. through D. from
10. A. nevertheless B. moreover C. anyway D. however
11. A. because B. whether C. if D. since
12. A. part B. things C. side D. bit
13. A. a B. an C. the D. that
14. A. keep B. cover C. shut D. put
15. A. show B. display C. demonstrate D. indicate
Click here Learn how to be a member in order to get answers.
If you still are a member, click here to download answers.
Maurice A. Nyamoti is a teacher by profession and has passion for assisting students improve performance
Form 1 to Form 4 kcse past papers latest
Pre-Primary 1 to Std 8 Latest KCPE Past papers
KNEC PAPERS FOR COLLEGE
Contact us anytime
Trusted by over 500 schools and colleges
The list keeps growing 'day in, day out' ... List of Schools in Kenya