SIGNIFICANT EVENTS IN CHAPTER SIX
- The children pass their exams and Mark prevails upon his beautiful daughter Becky to continue with her A-levels.
- Maria dies at the age of 70.
- Relate the death of Maria to that of Akoko Obanda.
- In your opinion and basing on Becky‟s decision not to join A-levels. What is the importance of education?
- Beckey was extremely beautiful. Any man certainly would have paid heavy bride price for her. Consider many years ago- Akoko was exceptionally beautiful and thirty head of cattle were given in appreciation. At this age and time hover, what Beckey is looking for is work and Mark, instead of being ready to take in suitors, is busy sending his girls to school.
- The death of Maria Nyabera yanks life away from Aluor and the present da river rages on in Nakuru wanting to burst into other corners of the world. From what we see, this river does not turn back.
THE RUNAWAY BECKY
Vera and Becky are now in the prime of their ages and boys are milling around. One guy,
Tommy Muhambe is interested in Vera. Vera brings this question to her dad requesting for permission to go with Tommy to the movies.
When results came out, Aoro had performed well in his O-levels with six distinctions. Vera got two A's and a B. she decided to do electrical engineering at the university.
Becky flunked in her subjects but she had other plans which after the results she put into force by secretly eloping from home leaving behind a note.
SIGNIFICANT EVENTS IN CHAPTER SEVEN
- Opiyo and odongo return to Nakuru after the death of their grandmother.
- 2. There are a total of five candidates at different levels in Mark‟s house. Opiyo and Odongo doing their CPE, Aoro his O-levels and Vera and Becky their A-levels.
- Vera asks permission to go to the movies with Tommy Muhambe.
- When results come out, Vera decides to pursue electrical engineering while Becky elopes to the city.
- Differentiate between life in traditional African courtship and modern day courtship.
- Explain the character of Vera as shown in this chapter contrasting it to her twin Becky.
- Vera portrays maturity when she asks her father to give her permission to go to the movies. She showcases aspects of adult responsibility and respect for her father unlike many girls who elope without asking. It was unthinkable for her father to deny her such a huge chance when she had expressed herself very well.
- Becky on the other her shows her sheer lack of self expression by simply slipping away without having her chance with her parents. The image here is reminiscent of many families whose children choose to escape into a world where they think they can make independent decisions.
100% of 'A' students Acknowledge the use of revision papers as a way of bettering their grades. You too can; your time is now!
Don't have Credit/Debit Card? Click here for more choices
LIFE IN CAMPUS AND THE BREAK UP
Vera maintained her steady relationship with Tommy. Tommy proposes to her but she declines ending their 3 year relationship. With emptiness in her heart, Vera ventures on a journey to look for her long lost twin sister.
She finally tracks her sister at Jomo Kenyatta International airport.
SIGNIFICANT EVENTS IN CHAPTER EIGHT
- Vera adapts to campus life and its freedom.
- Tommy‟s proposal from marriage is humbly rejected by Vera.
- Vera goes on the hunt for her long lost sister and tracks her down at the Airport.
- Explain the reasons for Tommy‟s rejection. Was it premature to propose?
- Do you think Vera made the right decision to track down her sister? Discuss.
- The decision on marriage now lies between two consenting adults. It is not like time ago where the father accepted or rejected the offer. Vera unlike her great grandmother turns down Tommy Muhambe‟s marriage proposal.
BECKY RETURNS HOME
SIGNIFICANT EVENTS IN CHAPTER NINE
- Becky is engaged to be married to a Canadian John Courtney, the pilot.
- Vera and John manage to convince her to go back home and visit her parents
- Discuss the barriers associated with inter-racial marriages.
- Does Becky love Courtney or money? Explain.
- Society is now expanding making the world a global village. Inter-racial marriages are now commonplace. Vera seems comfortable with her white boyfriend.
Mary-Anne invites Vera to a recollection at Parkview College, which she readily agrees. It was Sunday the two girls went to church where they enjoyed service. After service Vera‟s mind had many questions about her religion and how well she knew it.
That evening she went to watch a play and enjoyed it. The week that followed was full for most student in the university were preparing for their final exams. Vera had learned the art of preparing early and so she was more than ready.
When Saturday came, the girls boarded a matatu towards Kangemi. Vera was introduced to a group of Christians who had different view of church and work among other lives challenges.
She got out of the church puzzled but Mary-Anne offered to give her books which will help her understand better.
SIGNIFICANT EVENTS IN CHAPTER TEN
- After the break up Vera resumes normal life trying to re-establish herself.
- She attends a church service where she starts questioning her spirituality and how well she knows God.
- Mary-Anne introduces her to a group of strict church people where she earnestly starts on the journey of understanding her mission towards God.
- Vera sets on a new journey to redefine herself. Discuss the events that transpired in Nyabera‟s life back then that led to such huge change we see in the book.
- There are many questions about spirituality that we confront every day. Basing on Vera's questions, do you think learned people appreciate Christian values and their roles?
OBSERVATIONS MADE FROM CHAPTER TEN
- Usually when one is faced by major challenges in life, they reflect upon their life to make some decisions which may ultimately change their future. Vera, recovering from a broken relationship tries to make some decisions which bring her closer to understanding her spirituality. This leads us to the question, is it only pain and despair that draws us closer to our God?
The Caucasian Chalk Circle 1
The Caucasian Chalk Circle 2
The Caucasian Chalk circle 3
The Caucasian Chalk circle 4
The Whale Rider - Part 1
The Whale Rider - Part 2
The Whale Rider - Part 3
The River and the Source - Part 1
The River and the Source - Part 2 The River and the Source - Part 3 The River and the Source - Part 4 The River and the Source - Part 5 The River and the Source - Part 6
Oral Skills - Part 1
Functional Writing - Part 1
When not teaching, maurice is finding for solutions
Betrayal In The City [MOKASA 2016]
BETRAYAL IN THE CITY Q & A
CAUCASIAN CHALK CIRCLE CHARACTER AND CHARACERIZATION
CHAPTER ONE: SYNOPSIS AND SUMMARIES OF CHAPTERS - GUIDE TO 'BLOSSOMS OF THE SAVANNAH'
CHARACTERS AND CHARACTERISATION - GUIDE TO 'BLOSSOMS OF THE SAVANNAH'
Drama: Caucasian Chalk Circle – BertoltBretch [Mokasa 2016]
Drama: Caucasian Chalk Circle – BertoltBretch [Mokasa 2016]
THE BIOGRAPHY OF HENRY OLE KULET - GUIDE TO 'BLOSSOMS OF THE SAVANNAH'
The Caucasian Chalk Circle 5
THE CAUCASIAN CHALK CIRCLE ABOUT THE AUTHOR
THE CAUCASIAN CHALK CIRCLE BY BERTOLT BRECHT: LANGUAGE AND STYLE
THEMES - GUIDE TO 'BLOSSOMS OF THE SAVANNAH'
THE PEARL GUIDE
The Pearl (May 2018)
The River And The Source: Chapter Analysis
The River And The Source: Character And Characterization
The River And The Source: Plot
The River And The Source Questions
The River And The Source: Themes
The Whale Rider – WitiIhimaera [Source: Mokasa 2016]
Form 1 to Form 4 kcse past papers latest
Pre-Primary 1 to Std 8 Latest KCPE Past papers
KNEC PAPERS FOR COLLEGE
Contact us anytime
Trusted by over 500 schools and colleges
The list keeps growing 'day in, day out' ... List of Schools in Kenya